We believe in keeping fees simple and transparent, see all our fees outlined below
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN
Tenancy Application Fee: £200 inc VAT (does not apply in Scotland)
This fee cover costs including: tenant referencing (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers / landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement.
- If the prospective tenant withdraws their Application within 7 days of paying the fee, the Application fee will be refunded, less £50.00 withdrawal fee.
- If the prospective tenant withdraws their Application after 7 days of paying the Application fee, the Application will be non-refundable
- Where the prospective tenant fails to progress the tenancy, or gives false or misleading information, an appropriate amount for the landlord’s justifiable costs / losses will be deducted from the Application Fee.
- Where the landlord rejects the tenant based on the results of credit checks, referencing or other vetting information, the Application Fee will be non-refundable.
- Where the landlord fails to progress the tenancy for reasons other than those stated above the Application Fee will be returned in full to the prospective tenant or the person who paid the fee in the same manner in which was paid.
The deposit is normally equivalent of one calendar months’ rent.
Additional tenant fee: £ NO CHARGE
Whether there is one or two applicants the fee will only be one charge of £200.
Guarantor reference fee (if required): £ NO CHARGE
Covering credit Referencing and preparing a Deed of Guarantee as part of the Tenancy Agreement.
Permitted occupier fee: £ NO CHARGE
Explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named tenant(s) and landlord as well as the provision of documentary guidance and assistance during the tenancy.
Accompanied check-in fee: £ NO CHARGE
Preparing an Inventory and Schedule of Condition of the property, explaining how appliances function and taking meter readings for utilities and services.
Inventory/check-in cancellation charge
£90.00 inc VAT If you withdraw from a tenancy after the inventory or check-in has been completed.
£62.40 inc VAT If you withdraw from a tenancy before the inventory or check-in has been completed.
Pet Permission Fee: up to £80 inc VAT
Where pets are allowed this fee is payable to the managing agent of the development and costs for these vary up to £80 – your agent will be able to advise.
DURING YOUR TENANCY
Amendment Fee: £120 inc VAT
Contract negotiation, amending terms and updating your tenancy agreement during your tenancy. This also includes referencing and adding a new tenant to an existing tenancy agreement
Renewal Fee: £ NO CHARGE
Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement.
ENDING YOUR TENANCY
If you wish to break your contract and the landlord agrees to the re-letting of the property, fees will apply depending on the landlord, but range between 10%+ VAT – 15%+ VAT of the rent due from the date a new tenancy starts to the contractual end of your tenancy.
Check out Fee: £ NO CHARGE
Attending the property to undertake an updated Schedule of Condition based on the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit(s).
Future Landlord Reference Fee: £ NO CHARGE
Collating information and preparing a reference for a future landlord or letting agent.
OTHER FEES AND CHARGES
Unpaid rent/returned Payments
Interest at 4% over the base rate of Barclays Bank plc. on payments of rent which are more than 14 days overdue.
Interest at 8% above Bank of England Base Rate from date due.